It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club Account®
We believe learning to save should start at an early age. That's why we've developed a Junior Savers Club®—to help kids understand the value of money and make saving FUN! Our exclusive Junior Savers Club Account is a Passbook Savings Account designed to teach children and young adults 18 and under the rewards of saving.
In addition to learning one of life's most valuable lessons, Junior Savers will receive:
- A Personalized passbook with identification as a Junior Savers Club member
- A special JSC Bank to inspire daily at-home saving
- Our exclusive "Sweets Dollars" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous high balance by $100. Certificates may be redeemed at local participating merchants
- Extra savings to be sure your account grows—all regular account service charges are waived for Junior Savers
- Your Junior Savers Passbook Account also receives a higher rate of interest than do adults
- And lots of other great goodies and fun activities for Junior Savers. You'll be sent frequent invites to fun Junior Savers Club events and contests
Older kids can also benefit. Whether it's a college education or a state-of-the-art stereo system, the Junior Savers Club can help you set goals and develop financial responsibility. Your personal banker will work closely with you and your parents to structure an individual savings program that meets your objectives.
Teaching kids how to save. It's all part of our commitment to bring traditional community banking back to the community.
To Open This Account
Please come in and visit one of our personal bankers to open this account.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, physical address, date of birth, taxpayer identification number and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license and other identifying documents. We will let you know if additional information is required.
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
Accounts that most of our customers like you choose
Our Mastercard Debit Card provides the convenience of allowing you to draw from your account without the hassles of writing a check.
Simply use the card to pay for retail transactions wherever Mastercard is accepted. The card will automatically deduct the purchase from your checking account. And that transaction will be recorded on your monthly checking account statement. Now you can replace your current ATM card and checks with one easy-to-use card.
- Features & Benefits
- Direct access to your checking account wherever Mastercard is accepted—9 million merchants and 190 countries worldwide
- No check writing hassles
- No additional identification may be required
- No interest or finance charges apply
- No PIN number needed on signature based transactions
- Can be used instead of an ATM card at SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- After Hours Toll Free phone number to report your card lost or stolen. Just call 1-800-236-2442 after our normal business hours
It's Easy To Apply For This Card
Come into any of our convenient bank locations and see one of our friendly Personal Bankers.