Job Title: Universal Banker (Highwood)
This multi-role retail banking position will provide important support to each of the following retail banking areas: teller line, personal banking area and safety deposit area. The ideal candidate must have teller experience and either 1) some personal banking experience, or 2) a strong desire to learn personal banking. Must have exceptional customer service skills, enjoy working in a team environment, be able to work independently, exercise sound judgment and adapt to the needs and environment of our busy branches.
- Perform typical teller duties.
- Open/close all types of retail and commercial deposit accounts.
- Provide banking services by responding to customer inquiries.
- Perform daily maintenance on existing accounts - including overdrafts, returned mail, safe deposit, wire transfers, check orders, online banking questions, etc.
- Expand and retain both new and existing relationships by understanding and matching client's financial needs.
- Answer phones in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist customers with entry to Safe Deposit Box. Process Safe Deposit Box payments.
- Available to work Saturdays and flexible hours during the week to include opening and closing shifts.
- Providing support to team members across the retail banking department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- At least one year of Teller experience preferred.
- Previous personal banking experience preferred.
- Customer service experience required, including building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Experience working on Metavante/FIS is helpful l.
- Ability to work as a team to accomplish tasks required.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn other bank software as required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and plan.
- Ability to take initiative, willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing demands.
Job Title: Teller
Lake Forest Bank & Trust is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented team player who takes pride in their work and makes exceptional customer service a priority.
- Service clients in a courteous and professional manner, consistent with our community bank philosophy
- Perform typical teller duties
- Meet teller standards, including balancing daily with minimal differences per established policy
- Must be flexible to work opening/closing schedule and Saturdays
- Answer phones in a courteous and professional manner
- Promote a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position
- Ideal candidate will be customer-oriented and a team player
- Clear, concise and friendly communication skills
- Must be flexible to work occasional opening/closing shifts and most Saturdays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior Teller experience - or solid cash handling experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Retail experience helpful
Wintrust and all its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers